Thursday, February 7, 2008

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies are a classic. I got the recipe from a co-worker who used to bring the ingredients to work and make these for us during lunch (we did actually work- seriously, we did!), that's how easy they are to make. And they always satisfy my craving for chocolate. I love that it has oatmeal in it, which is always my excuse to eat just a few more cookies than I should. After all, chocolate and oatmeal are healthy and who can argue with that!

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

1/4 cup butter
2 cups sugar
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 milk
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cups quick rolled oats

In a saucepan, combine the first 4 ingredients. Boil for 1 minute, but not longer. Remove pot from stove. Add the peanut butter and vanilla and stir. Add oatmeal, stirring until combined.

Drop by spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet covered with wax paper. Allow to cool (I sometimes place the cookie sheet in the fridge or freezer to cool faster-who can wait?!)

"There is good sex and there is bad sex but chocolate is always chocolate."
-unknown

No comments: