Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Chocolate Dipped Valentine


As everyone who reads my blog knows, I can't resist chocolate. And what is Valentine's Day more about than chocolate! Ok, well I guess it's about love, but the love of chocolate comes close! Since celebrating Valentine's Day is hard during the week, we chose to have a special meal last weekend. When I came across big juicy long stemmed strawberries in the store on Saturday, I knew they would make a perfect dessert (boy, those stores know how to get us, don't they? Eight dollars for 12 strawberries-yikes). Making the chocolate dip wasn't hard at all. I warmed up about two tablespoons of whipping cream in a bowl and added about 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips. I microwaved it for a minute or so longer, just until melted then stirred. It was heavenly. I can't wait for May when strawberries are in season!

"I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon."
-Author Unknown

"Forget love-- I'd rather fall in chocolate!!!"
-unknown

"I never met a chocolate I didn't like."
-Deanna Troi in Star Trek: The Next Generation

No comments: