Monday, July 30, 2007

Kennywood Fun

Whew-what a weekend! My daughter's three day birthday celebra- tion included a trip to Kennywood in Pittsburgh, PA. It's a great park that is just the right size for a family with little kids, with a little bit for everyone. Some old rides, some really new and some traditional. The picture above is the candy store (you really think I would go anywhere without knowing where the candy is?)

It poured rain all morning and our trip there was a little discouraging. We weren't sure if we should turn around or not. Ended up we took a chance and after everyone was outfitted with expensive park ponchos, the sun came out. Yippeee! As a result of the rain, the park was not crowded and almost every ride was little or no wait. Perfect!



Here is a new ride called Cosmic Chaos. It goes back and forth along a half circle shaped track and spins around like a space ship at the same time. Just don't go on too soon after lunch. Eeewwww!


The famous Thunderbolt roller coaster. One of my favorites. An oldie wooden coaster, it shakes you around quite a bit, but it's really fun!


The Aero 360. You couldn't pay me enough to get on this ride. The arms go different directions and turn the riders upside down. My oldest daughter and my sister love this ride. I feel sick just looking at it....


There are tons more pictures I took but at the risk of going on and on and making the world's longest blog entry, I think I'll stop here. Anyway, if you get a chance to visit, it's worth the trip!

"Unless each day can be looked back upon by an individual as one in which he has had some fun, some joy, some real satisfaction, that day is a loss."
-Anonymous

No comments: