Saturday, July 7, 2007

Almost Heaven

You know, I find it pretty obnoxious when people rub their wonderful vacations in your face, especially when you really need one yourself! But, I have to make an exception here (and I hope you don't mind) just because West Virginia is such a beautiful place. I am a Virginian, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the breathtaking sights of another state, especially if it's south of the Mason Dixon :)

It seems to me that West Virginia offers some of the most wonderful views of mountains that I have ever seen. The state appears to be mostly rural, but that could be that I haven't seen the whole thing. But what a place to go if you need time to yourself.


This is a road near where we stayed. Looks like something out of a magazine.

A nearby creek after a long, hard rain. The waterfalls were a soothing sound.


The deer came right up to our place just to say hello. Well, maybe it was the apple we offered them, but I'd like to think they were friendly too!

Another friendly neighbor. He really liked the truck (Chevy fan, I guess). I'm not sure what he was looking for, but I'm glad it wasn't long before he decided it wasn't there!



"The three great elemental sounds in nature are the sound of rain, the sound of wind in a primeval wood, and the sound of outer ocean on a beach"
-Henry Beston

No comments: