Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Organic Way

Sometimes when I look at my blog, it looks like I am the worst eater in the world. After all, I talk about sweets ad nausum and include recipes for desserts, breads and chocolate treats. Yeah, I did the Pimento Cheese thing, but even that isn't packed with nutrients.

But really, all those sweets are a big part of what I love, but I also love to eat vegetables and fruits too. Greens, peaches, corn, beans and tomatoes are a few favorites. My kids diets are even more important to me. Teaching them that balance of mostly good food with some bad is a daily battle :) That is why it caught my eye when MSN had a link to several articles about organic foods on their website today. I grow my garden organically, even down to the fertilizer being organic. But produce in the stores confuse me. The articles helped some, but I really like the list below. Much clearer, for me at least!

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/greenarticlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100163497

"The first time I tried organic wheat bread, I thought I was chewing on roofing material"
-Robin Williams

"A healthy body is a guest chamber for the soul: a sick body is a prison"
-Francis Bacon, Sr.

No comments: