Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Thursday Thirteen- Happy Easter!

Wow, it was a tough winter but spring is here. And it's Easter time already. Several people told me this week that they just realized Easter is this coming weekend. There are so many fun things about Easter. Here are a few:


1. Jesus- People forget, or at least don't talk about it openly, but Easter is about Jesus and his resurrection.


2. Bunnies- quite a different thing than Jesus, but who can think of Easter and not think of bunnies? Besides, God made bunnies, didn't he?


3. Jelly Beans- I love the grape ones best


4. Chocolate- of all kinds! I don't go for those hollow bunnies, though. Eww!


5. Coloring eggs- The smell of vinegar, the bright colors, dipping eggs. All fun!


6. Easter clothes- the first chance to dress up and wear pastels


7. Flowers- they are just starting to bloom here. I can't wait to see some color out there


8. Dinner- my mother in law refuses to let anyone else make dinner, but I happy with that. As long as I'm not making it, that is good!


9. Family- getting a chance to see everyone and take a break from our crazy schedule


10. Easter baskets- I no longer get one :( but I like making them up for the kids. I love the looks on their faces when they find their basket.


11. Easter egg hunts- no matter how old you get, these are still fun


12. The colors- all the bright colors everywhere- light greens, yellows, pinks, light blue


13. Peeps- most people find them gross but they still stock them in droves in stores and people still buy them, like I do every year. They are too cute!


What is your favorite thing(s) about Easter?


Happy Easter everyone!

4 comments:

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I equate Easter with spring. I love the pastel colors of everything from clothes to eggs. I love the flowers and the greening of the world. Easter is a time of rebirth.

Have a wonderful holiday!.

Beth said...

By the way, Happy Easter to you and your family!

Beth said...

I love all the things you mentioned (especially #1). Also, I do adore the Cadbury Creme Eggs and the malted milk ball Speckled Eggs.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Thanks and Happy Easter to you both!