On Monday, I was feeling kinda iffy. I did my usual routine, but I swore I had really bad allergies or something. By Tuesday, I was sick. Ugh. I haven't even had a sniffle since last year so I was really bummed when I realized I had a cold. I'm whining, I know. Poor me, a cold! Here are 13 things I hate about being sick:
1. The beginning- when you aren't sure your sick but you just don't feel right. I hate the not knowing if I'm sick part.
2. Staying in the house- I am not a stay at home person. I like being out in the morning doing my errands and getting my work done. Being sick, you can't go anywhere. It makes me feel like I'm missing something.
3. Missing something- I miss work, the gym, grocery shopping, my friends, even those tedious errands. And those little things that happen that make your day interesting- good or bad, I miss them too.
4. Stuffy nose- you can't breath, can't sleep, can't taste anything. And you have trouble catching your breath when you talk! Then your nose runs while your asleep! Yuck!
5. Swollen glands- for some reason, swollen glands make me nervous. I always wonder if I have an infection somewhere. And they hurt like heck.
6. Lack of sleep- No matter how tired I get while sick, I don't sleep well until I feel better.
7. Coughing my lungs out- and not being able to catch my breath. I couldn't sleep I was coughing so much the other night.
8. Restlessness- I get bored and daytime TV is awful! I read and try to work on chores, but I can't sit still or concentrate.
9. Lack of rest- I do have all day but once the kiddies are home, it's business as usual. Moms don't get downtime like Daddies do! No sick days here. No one does the laundry, makes dinner, cleans or runs the kids to activities if I don't. We women are a tough lot!
10. Forgetting healthy- Even if I'm sick only a few days with a mild cold, I forget what it felt like to be healthy. And it makes me that much more grateful when I am healthy.
11. Being woozy or dizzy- nothing feels scarier to me than feeling like the world is tilting or spinning. It usually stays with me until I get my strength back.
12. Weakness- I like feeling strong and in control of my body. Being sick doesn't let you do that!
13. I feel like a big baby!- Gosh, it's just a cold and I've had a lot worse. But I still feel like whining!