Some of the sweets on my list for Christmas this year:
1. Peppermint Meltaways- this is a new recipe I found and I've been waiting for Christmas to try them out. If they turn out, I'll post the recipe.
2. Candy Cane Swirl Cheesecake- Also new, it looks too good to not try! But I have to find Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane Mint candies, so this may not be a go. Hopefully, Walmart has them :)
3. Chocolate Peppermints- I made these last year, and they were very popular. So easy to make, it's a good thing to add to my cookie trays for gifts cause they taste like peppermint patties and almost everyone loves those.
4. Easter Eggs or Buckeyes- this is a classic recipe that I make every year. But it looks so good on a tray and my eldest daughter loves them.
5. M&M Shortbread Cookies- I tried this for the first time last year, and my goodness they went quick! I think it was the shortbread that did it. Plus they are just so darn colorful they stand out.
6. Kueffels- I have no idea how to spell this because everyone has a different spelling for them. They are one of the few filled, rolled cookies I make but for all the trouble they are, they taste wonderful!
7. Snickerdoodles- These cookies taste like eggnog to me and I can't stop eating them!
8. Rum Truffles- for the fancy pants part of me! Gotta have something chocolate, creamy and delectable.
9. Gingerbread Cookies- After years of looking, I finally found a good recipe for these cookies. My kids love decorating (and eating!) them every year. It's their contribution to all the crazy baking that goes on in this house for Christmas.
10. Chocolate Bark- Because it's so addicting I usually make it then quickly give it away as gifts before I eat it all!
11. Magic Meltaways- The peanut butter in the middle really makes this cookie irresistable.
12. Heath Bars- Saltine crackers, toffee, and chocoalte. What's not to like?
13. Secret Kiss Cookies- my one recipe that will remain a family secret. There are probably dozens of recipes for them, but this one was from Virginia and I'll make it every year till I can't no more!