Monday, December 29, 2008

I Survived Christmas!


I feel like I've been away from my blog for too long. But the past week is a serious blur. Squeezing in time to sleep was tough, let alone blogging. Between school parties, choir concerts, wrapping presents, welcoming out of state relatives and keeping kids under control, I'm surprised I can even think straight enough to write a post. But it was all so much fun, even if it will take me till next summer to recover.


Besides enjoying the heck out of the gift giving and the looks on the kids' faces at present time, I loved baking this year. Giving cookie boxes and trays as gifts is lots of fun. Like I said before, I did start early this year with the baking, so to make up for the extra time I had from baking so early, I made more cookies than I needed, lol. The two top pictures are from the cookie trays I sent to our local library (what a great bunch of people!) and to my husband's work.

This is Santa's share of cookies on Christmas Eve. If you look closely, you can see that someone stole a red candy before Santa could even get to the cookies. I think that was ok with Santa, though. He had more than his fair share of cookies the week before Christmas (wink, wink).

This is the Gingerbread house the kids and their cousins built. I try to snag one each year so they have something to keep them busy. Anything to keep those little hands out of trouble!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

"Isn't it funny that at Christmas something in you gets so lonely for - I don't know what exactly, but it's something that you don't mind so much not having at other times."
-Kate L. Bosher

"Roses are reddish
Violets are bluish
If it weren't for Christmas
We'd all be Jewish."
-Benny Hill

No comments: