Being that it is Thursday Thirteen and my oldest daughter's birthday, I thought I'd combine the two and come up with thirteen things my daughter is going to do to celebrate:
1. Called off school- Yep, I let her miss school. She is only 13 once, plus she can't celebrate tonight because my middle daughter has her first band concert and we can't miss that.
2. Let her sleep late- while I was at the gym today, she slept as long as she liked. It's funny because as a baby, she did not sleep through the night for a year and a half. Now I can't get her out of bed!
3. We went shopping!- She wanted to go out and have fun looking around. That usually means hitting Mom up for some special items (Oh, Mom, please??!!) but that is ok. We went to Target, Joann's, Bed Bath & Beyond, and a few other places.
4. Bought her gifts- When there is a secret code to buying a teenager a gift, it's better left to them picking it themselves! If I don't want to get a gift certificate, that is the best bet. I bought her an Avitar shirt, some personal items, and a Soda Pop Science kit.
5. Went out to lunch- She wanted to go to Cracker Barrel, which works for me since it's one of my favorite restaurants! Her favorite meal is the Chicken and Dumplins with three sides. Her eyes were bigger than her tummy though and we took home a doggie bag.
6. Bought a cake- She couldn't decide between a cheesecake or a regular cake. Since she wasn't sure she likes cheesecake and it costs $18, we went with the regular cake. We bought it at Sam's Club where everything is supersized, including the cakes! Chocolate Fudge, yum!
7. Make a special dinner- Since we are going out tomorrow night, I asked her what she wanted me to make tonight at home. She chose steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. The girl sounds just like her dad!
8. Going out to eat, again- Tomorrow night, my husband and I are treating her to a special night out at the Hyeholde. If you remember me talking about this restaurant before, it's very upscale and expensive, like the food is so fancy you don't feel right eating it. It's her chance to be introduced to something grown up.
9. Letting her dress up in Mom's clothes- My daughter, believe it or not, is almost my height and weight. Very scary. Since I have a few dresses I keep for my Hyeholde visits each year, she begged me to let her wear one. So we'll get her all dolled up like a grown up.
10. Having a party on Saturday- Along with today's celebration and tomorrow's dinner, the girl is getting a party on Saturday. She is having a few friends and we are all going ice skating.
11. More cake- I bought cupcakes for Saturday. I realize I should make them, especially since I love to bake, but I'm too darn tired!
12. Pizza and ice cream- Saturday's menu!
13. Recovery- This may not be a planned part of her birthday, but I'm determined to fit in some time to chill!
So Happy Birthday to the sweetest, smartest and most beautiful 13 year old in the world. May all your dreams come true except one, so you always have something to strive for. I love you, baby girl.