Of all the baking I have done, I have several favorite things I love to make. These sweets come up time and time again no matter how many new things I try. Some of the recipes are covered in old stains of vanilla, flour and butter I've used them so much. But that is the fun of it, right? Almost all of these recipes are on my blog if you want to make them.
1. Secret Kiss Cookies- I've never posted this recipe because it's a secret family recipe but boy these are good. Chocolate kisses wrapped in cookie dough and dipped in confectioner's sugar. I could eat dozens!
2. Chocolate Chip Cookies- I love making these. I vary the ingredients some by adding different chips or adding nuts, but however I make them, they are always gone fast.
3. Banana Bread- I just made some yesterday. It's so good with preserves or butter and a cup of hot tea.
4. Chocolate Cream Pie- So simple and so good!
5. Buckeyes- Another simple, yet so good recipe. I often get requests for this one from my oldest. She loves eating them for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
6. Peppermint Patties- I posted the recipe last Christmas. It's become a new favorite in our house.
7. Fudgy Brownies- I've been making these for 15 years now. They always come out perfect and are so hard to resist, especially right out of the oven.
8. Cookie Cake- The kids love this one for birthday celebrations at school. It takes literally minutes to throw together and the kids love decorating it themselves.
9. Avalanche Bark- this is a copy cat recipe I got off the Internet. The original bark is sold at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. The mixture of white chocolate, peanut butter and krispies is wonderful. I don't make it too often cause I would never fit in my jeans!
10. Ice cream- if you read my blog at all, you will know I love making homemade ice cream. My favorite is the chocolate peanut butter I made this summer.
11. Cheesecake- there is a recipe I make about once a year called Reeses Peanut Butter cup cheesecake. And I usually give the cheesecake away. I do know my limitations.
12. Cinnamon Chocolate Chip cake- I first made this cake for my 16th birthday. The combination of sweet, delicate cake and crunchy cinnamon sugar topping is too much to resist!
13. Fluff- ok, not the most classy of desserts but so good I could eat the whole bowl myself. Not that my kids would let me, but we've all got to have our fantasies!