Monday, September 21, 2009

Perfect Chocolate Frosting


When my husband accidentally scheduled a business trip on my son's birthday last week, he asked if we could wait until Saturday to celebrate our son's birthday so he could be there. That was fine, except I didn't want to have no cake for my son on his actual birthday, so I decided to make one for Friday and buy a WalMart cake for Saturday. Looking for a good icing to use for my homemade cake, I found this one in my new Southern Living Incredible Chocolate baking book. It was divine! I couldn't stop eating it. But best of all, my son loved it. Perfect chocolate frosting, indeed!

Perfect Chocolate Frosting

1 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 cup half and half
3/4 cup butter
2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar

Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring as chocolate melts. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar. Place saucepan in a large bowl of ice. Beat at low speed with an electric mixer until frosting holds it's shape and loses it's gloss. Add a few more drops of half and half, if needed until spreading consistancy.
Makes enough for one cake.


"The 12-step chocoholics program: Never be more than 12 steps away from chocolate."
-Terry Moore

No comments: