Sunday, April 19, 2009

Williamsburg Part Deux

Since we decided to skip Busch Gardens this year, we promised the kids we'd try to find some really fun places to go. Go Karts Plus was a lucky find! It's right near the Williamsburg Pottery on Richmond Road. We were surprised how much they fit into a small park. There were water rides, a spinning disc/saucer ride, a roller coaster, and of course go karts in many forms. There was even an arcade with a cafeteria.


The park works on a ticket system. You can buy individual tickets or a pack of 25 or 50 tickets. Each ride is about 3 to 5 tickets. Needless to say, with three kids, we ran through those tickets pretty fast. But it was so much fun!


This is a car racing ride. It's hard to tell from this picture, but the cars were very small and had a hindged top. Would've given me a case of claustrophobia if I rode, but the kids and my hubby loved it. Nascar, here they come!

This was my favorite ride. Not only could you steer the boat around in any direction, you got to squirt anyone, including the people standing in line! This is my neice, nephew and one of my daughters working out some aggression on each other.
Even if you don't have kids, I would recommend going to Go Karts Plus. I had to go on the one roller coaster with my son because he was too little and I think that was the most fun I've had in a while!

Here is their website:

4 comments:

CountryDew said...

I love Williamsburg, too. Good time of the year to go, I expect. We usually go in the fall.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Fall is when we usually go too. Spring is nice because of all the gardens, cool weather, and less crowds. But Fall is still my favorite.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Small parks are the best. I grew up with amusement parks, coming from the Jersey Shore. I even worked at them.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

It would be fun to work at an amusement park, I think!

I like the small parks better, too.