Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Fluffy Scrambled Eggs


Not being a fan of scrambled eggs (or eggs of any sort!) I was not thrilled to try this recipe. I'm not very good at making eggs either. I usually make them too tough. But after checking with the kids to see if they wanted some eggs, I ventured forth. And I have to say, I really liked how these eggs turned out. They came out fluffy and light and tasted great. And they could not have been easier to make. No more yucky scrambled eggs for us!

Fluffy Scrambled Eggs

5 to 6 large eggs
1/2 cup milk or half and half
salt and pepper to taste
parsley, if desired

Break eggs into a microwave safe bowl. Using a fork, beat until blended. Add milk and continue to beat. Add salt and pepper and parsley, if desired and blend. Place egg mixture into the microwave and heat on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Check eggs and if needed, stir with a fork. Continue to heat until done. Fluff with a fork and serve.


“I have had, in my time, memorable meals of scrambled eggs
with fresh truffles, scrambled eggs with caviar and other glamorous things, but to me, there are few things as magnificent as scrambled eggs, pure and simple, perfectly cooked and perfectly seasoned.”
-James Beard, 'On Food' (1974)

2 comments:

queen of everything said...

i only eat eggs that are cooked to death. no liquid allowed.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I get that!