Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ripley's Believe It Or Not Williamsburg

On our last day in Williamsburg, we explored the Ripley's Believe It or Not museum. Apparently, Ripley's has museums in a lot of places, none of which are in PA, so this is the first time we ever heard of it. It's pricey to get in, but it's worth it for all the fun. Along with seeing all the exhibits, you get entry into two 4D shows. We saw Spongebob, a Deep Sea adventure, and a Dinosaur show, complete with real effects like splashes from the ocean and bubbles. Cool! And they let you take all the pictures you want, so I want to share a few of the more interesting ones, though they all were fascinating!


One of the first rooms you walk in to has a real life size mannequin of the tallest man. He is scary looking up close!




That is one interesting quirk to have!




Uh, I think since there is a photo, I believe it!


My daughter saw this and whispered, "How did he go to the bathroom?". Good question!



I still haven't figured out how they did this one. Our whole family got the same answer, which is on the flip side of this display. But I won't tell so everyone can do it for themselves.

3 comments:

CountryDew said...

Is it 19?

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

No, it's 5. Took me a while to figure it out. My kids beat me to it. Embarrassing...

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

My daughter takes those Ripley books out of the library all the time and if I pick one up, I can't put it down. Puts me in the mood to go to a freak house. I used to live near Palisades Park in the sixties and loved to go to the freak house to see the interesting people and animals. Alas, it's not political correct anymore. We'll have to go to the museum some day.

www.GreenerPastures--ACityGirlGoesCountry.blogspot.com