Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Grand Marnier Chocolate Cream Sauce

Recently, I was craving something chocolaty and also rich and creamy. I found this recipe in a flyer from a local grocery store, of all places! It was easy to whip up and versatile. You can use it to top cake or ice cream, or get even more creative. It's tempting to just drink the stuff, if you ask me! I used rum in my recipe instead of Grand Marnier (didn't have any around) and it was wonderful.
Grand Marnier Chocolate Cream Sauce

1 cup whipping cream
1/3 cup Grand Marnier or 1 tsp. orange extract
1 Tablespoons butter
4 ounces semi sweet chocolate

In a small pan, combine butter and cream on medium heat. Add Grand Marnier and whisk. Turn heat to low and add chocolate pieces. Stir constantly until melted. Turn off heat and whisk for another 2 minutes. Strain through sieve and serve.
Makes enough to serve 8.

“I reckon I tried everything on the old apple, but salt and pepper and chocolate sauce topping."
-Gaylord Perry

No comments: