Monday, March 10, 2008

Homemade Mac and Cheese


After her swimming lesson on Saturday, my middle daughter had a craving for mac and cheese. She was searching the house high and low for that boxed stuff. I offered to make her a batch of homemade mac and cheese. Pretty daring for me, since I usually don't do as well with cooking as baking, or at least I am not as brave with spontaneous cooking! But this recipe was quick and easy. And it turned out great, if I do say so myself!

Mac and Cheese

4 cups cooked elbow (or your favorite pasta) macaroni, drained
2 cups grated Cheddar Cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add cheese to macaroni while macaroni is still hot. Combine remaining ingredients and add to macaroni mixture. Pour into casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Top with additional cheese to taste.

Adapted from The Lady and Sons Savannah County Cookbook


"Food is our common ground, a universal experience."
-James Beard

"I have an enormous fondness for delicious food. It's very comforting."
-Teri Garr

No comments: