Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Crabby Sandwich

Every once in a while, I love to make imitation crab sandwiches. I know, it's not the real stuff, but who can afford the real stuff anymore? It's also not something my kids like. I usually get a "Ewwwww, how can you eat that Mom?" out of it. So I make it for my husband and me. We love it. This time, I made a large bowl of it and ate some when my husband was out of town (yes, he was gone again!) and there was enough that we could share some more when he got home. This is another recipe that is easy to alter to taste. Gotta love that!

Crabby Sandwiches
4 cups imitation crab
1 cup mayo (I use Miracle Whip)
2 tablespoons red onion
1/4 cup finely diced celery (optional)
2 tablespoons spicy mustard (I used Peppadew Mustard Sauce from Sam's Club. That stuff is awesome!)

Mix all ingredients. Toast bread and serve with lettuce. Also good with slice of swiss or provolone cheese. Or you can eat it right out of the bowl, like me!

.

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant ? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God... I could be eating a slow learner."
— Lynda Montgomery

No comments: