Saturday, October 13, 2007

Chicken Pizza Primavera


I love pizza. I like take out, but if I'm motivated enough, I make pizza at home. This recipe is my favorite. I found in a few months ago and I've made it twice. It turned out great both times. The only changes I made to the orginial recipe was using Asiago cheese spread instead of shredded Asiago. I thought the spread turned out better since it melts evenly and has a sharper taste. It offsets the Ranch dressing well, too. I also used frozen loaf wheat dough instead of 1 (13.8 oz.) can of refrigerated pizza crust. I like how it tastes, like homemade pizza crust. But either way, it would be very good.

Chicken Pizza Primavera

1 loaf frozen wheat bread dough (follow package instructions for thawing)
1/4 cup Asiago Cheese Spread (Sam's Club is a good source)
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
3 Tablespoons light Ranch dressing
2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces
1/3 cup finely chopped bell pepper
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup torn fresh baby spinach or same amount frozen spinach, drained well
1 1/2 cup finely shredded cheese blend
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly spray 12 inch pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread dough out on pan, leaving extra around the edge for a crust. Lightly brush dough with olive oil. Drop teaspoons of Asiago cheese around dough evenly. Sprinkle garlic salt over dough.

Bake dough for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Spread Ranch dressing over crust. Top with chicken, bell pepper, onion and spinach. Sprinkle cheese blend and parm. cheese over top.

Bake 9 to 12 minutes longer or until cheese melts and pizza is hot. Cut into wedges.

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was great. Used my last container of Asiago from Sam's - went they don't carry it anymore - have any ideas where we can buy
asiago spread

wpatrickryan@mac.com

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Sorry, I haven't had to buy it in a while since it lasts so long! I would imagine any grocery store carries it now, in some form. Or you may be able to request it from your grocery store's manager. Good luck, and thanks for the comment!