Friday, September 28, 2007

Dinner For One

Sometimes, when my hubby is away on a business trip, I like to feed the kids early then eat my dinner after they go to bed. It's my way of counteracting the stress of the day and also gives me something to look forward to, especially when the day is long and difficult! The other night, I had such a craving for vegetables. Go figure :) But I decided that I wanted a turkey burger and lots of fresh, crunchy veggies. There were some peppers left from my garden as well as tomatoes and lettuce so I made a salad. I piled more tomato and lettuce onto my burger and then covered the burger with condiments. It was very good and really hit the spot. I just needed a triple chocolate torte to top it off, but couldn't get my hands on a piece. Darn, could have been a perfect night too!

"A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety."
~Aesop, Fables

"I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."
~Jennifer Yane

No comments: