What is not to like about Fall? It's my favorite time of year. Here are a few reasons why:
1. It's cooler!- much easier to sleep and I love wearing sweaters. Not only are they cozy and warm, they cover more of me!
2. Flowers and decorations- Mums are so pretty and decorating is so much more colorful and fun than in summer. And as much as I like gardening, turning over the garden and planting garlic for next year is a lot of fun too.
3. Soup and Chili- We start eating a lot more soups and chili and grilled cheese. I use the crock pot a lot more too. It makes dinner super easy. I do love summer salads but fall brings a nice change of pace in the kitchen.
4. The holidays- are right around the corner. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I just love giving gifts, spending time with my family and baking my head off.
5. Fireplaces- We have a wood burner and we use it all the time during late fall and winter. It makes the house smell wonderful and it's so much fun toasting marshmallows on a cold night.
6. Hot tea- If you've read my blog, you know that sweet tea rules in my house. But in the fall, it's so cozy to make a cup of hot tea at night and sit down and put my feet up. Very relaxing.
7. Pumpkins- I just went out this morning and bought three pumpkins for my kids to carve this weekend. I love seeing the faces the kids come up with on the pumpkins!
8. The colors of the leaves- every year they change and every year I'm amazed at the beautiful colors. It's one of those things you look at and realize the beauty God created on earth.
9. Festivals- it seems everywhere I look, someone is holding a festival. Apples, food in general or crafts, no matter what kind people just love them.
10. Shorter days- helps me get the kids into bed a little earlier at night! Plus it's just nice to settle in at home and not run around all night.
11. Football- Pro teams and college are back and it's exciting to see they hype and craziness that surrounds each game. Especially here in Pittsburgh. These people take their sports seriously!
12. Long walks in the woods- we usually have to go on vacation to West Virginia to do this but it's such a great feeling when we do go. I have a large framed picture in my house of a walking path through the woods in fall. It's my favorite picture.
13. The smells- woods, pumpkin pie, spices, fireplaces, apple cider, bonfires and cocoa are just some of the wonderful things that come with fall.
What is your favorite season?