Monday, July 13, 2009

KFC Cole Slaw Copy Cat


I don't know about you, but sometimes I actually crave KFC'c coleslaw it's so good. There is something about it that tastes sweet and savory, creamy and crunchy all at the same time. This recipe is a perfect copy and very easy to make. The hardest thing is keeping yourself to one serving like you get at KFC!

KFC Cole Slaw

8 cups of finely chopped cabbage (about 1 head) or two bags of store bought cole slaw, pulsed two or three times in a food processor.

1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium)
2 tablespoons minced onion
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice

Be sure cabbage and carrots are chopped up into very fine pieces (about the size of rice).

Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, and lemon juice in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Add the cabbage, carrots and onion and mix well.

Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

From Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur


"I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it. I know."

-Harland (Colonel) Sanders

No comments: