Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spooky Pizza

My middle daughter is having a Halloween party tomorrow at school and she asked me if I'd make something special for it. Last year, I made scary dirt pudding with marshmallow ghosts and gummy worms. It was a great recipe, but keeping it cold (because of the milk in the pudding) was challenging! This year, I spotted a recipe from Kraft that was not only easy, but looked like lots of fun to make. With all the gummy worms and bugs, I think this one is definitely for the kids!

Spooky Pizza

16 Oreo cookies, divided
1 pkg. brownie mix (I made my own recipe for brownies, but I would use the mix if I had it!)
1 1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
white decorator icing (or mix 1 cup of confectioner's sugar with a few Tablespoons of milk until thick)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Chop 8 Oreos and set aside. Prepare brownies and spread into a greased 14 inch pizza pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until done. Sprinkle marshmallows over hot brownie and bake 3 to 5 minutes more until partially melted. Immediately sprinkle chopped Oreos over marshmallows. Let cool.
Decorate remaining cookies with decorating icing to resemble tombstones, ghosts, etc. Let icing dry. Decorate pizza with gummy worms, gummy bugs, etc. Stand decorated cookies up around pizza gently pressing into marshmallows.

"Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with "scary," "spooky," "haunted," or "forbidden" in the title."
-From Scooby-Doo

2 comments:

queen of everything said...

looks very sweet, hope it is well received. thanks for the sweet thoughts and words. we heard the sweet little heartbeat.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Oh, that is wonderful! I am so glad everything went well for you today! I'll keep you in my prayers.