Friday, July 11, 2008

Keira The Gerbil


Welcome to little Keira! She's so cute...and I can't believe I'm saying that. My almost 9 year old daughter decided she wanted a gerbil for her birthday. And she wanted it yesterday. My husband and I held out for two months under the constant "I would reeeaaalllyy love a gerbil!" campaign. Finally, the hubby broke (I knew he would- softy) and we bought a gerbil on Tuesday. Mind you, the official 9th birthday isn't for two more weeks. Parenthood- I'd have better luck against a typhoon.

"The one thing children wear out faster than shoes is parents."
-John J. Plomp

"Never raise your hand to your kids. It leaves your groin unprotected."
-Red Buttons

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

You will grow to love it, I suspect.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Oh, no doubt about it. I do love animals. Just not one of every species living in my house at once! :)