Thursday, May 22, 2008

French Toast Nutella Marshmallow Sandwiches


French toast, Nutella and Marshmallow fluff together for breakfast? Are you serious? Oh yeah. This sandwich is not for the faint of heart. Even for a die hard chocolate fan like me, this was really rich and unbelievably sweet. It was easy and fun to make and the anticipation of the first bite had me a little giddy. It was crunchy, gooey and full of flavor. Thank you, Chocolate Chipped, for the recipe!

French Toast Nutella Marshmallow Sandwiches

5 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk or cream
6 slices of bread
1 cup Nutella
1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
2 Tablespoons butter

In a bowl, beat eggs and milk together with a fork. Completely submerge bread slices one at a time in egg mixture. In a skillet, melt butter then add egg soaked bread. Fry each side on medium heat until lightly golden brown. Remove from heat. While hot, spread Nutella on one side of french toast. Spread Marshmallow fluff on another piece of toast. Put two sides together and serve.

Add syrup or honey if you're feeling adventurous!


"When you wake up in the morning, Pooh,' said Piglet at last, 'what's the first thing you say to yourself?' 'What's for breakfast?' said Pooh. 'What do you say, Piglet?' 'I say, I wonder what's going to happen exciting today?' said Piglet. Pooh nodded thoughtfully. 'It's the same thing,' he said."
-A. A. Milne, 'The House at Pooh Corner'

3 comments:

CountryDew said...

I have been sorry to have learned about Nutella ever since I read about it on your blog and then found some at the local store. I can't stay away from it so I had to stop buying it!

queen of everything said...

that is one serious breakfast sandwich.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I agree, lil' miss!

Dew, I feel it's my fault that I put you in such a position ;) And here I go again tempting you!