Monday, May 14, 2007

Fly Boy


Flying is not half as interesting in photos as it is in person. Seeing an airplane take off in person makes a big impression. When my husband finally decided to use a gift certificate I gave him as a birthday gift last year for a "discovery flight", we ended up taking his mother and our brother in law along. A lot more fun with more people there, I think.


In the picture above, they all are boarding the plane. There was not much room in that plane, especially for four people. Eek! Better them than me....


Take off time. After a lot of plane and control checks by the pilot and a lot of strapping in of passengers, the engine revved. Nerves all around!



Ok, they are going to take off sometime today, right? It took longer than I thought it would for the plane start, warm up (do planes warm up?) and to taxi down the runway and take off. But once they were in the air, the trip was over quickly. I was surprised how fast they were able to tour downtown and surrounding areas. My husband said they saw a lot in a half hour. Whew! I am just glad they had fun and are now back on terra ferma. Not a fly girl myself...



"I watch out my window as the planes take off into space. Oh, that I could fly away and start fresh. But I must realize that fresh starts also come in the pretty wrapped gift called 'tomorrow'. "
-unknown

No comments: