Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Chocolate Squared

The snap of dark chocolate when it's broken in pieces is one of the sweetest sounds. This thoughtful gift from my hubby just shows how much he knows me! He won't tell me where he got it, but I'll get it out of him. I have my ways....


As you can see, a lot of the squares are already gone after only being in my possession for a few hours. I can't take full credit, unfortunately. Every time I get a box of chocolate as a gift, the pleas of "can I have a piece?" start almost instantly. My kids, I trained them well.



I took samples of each of the chocolates but they are too small to read. The first square is sao tome' 74%. The description on the back says Extra Bittre Chocolade. Very sharp taste. The second is Madagascar, which is like a milk chocolate. The third is Occumare Venezuela 71%, another extra bittre. The last is West Africa 72%, also extra bittre.


A square of pure heaven. Letting the chocolate melt on your tongue is the best way to eat it. Leaves your whole mouth covered in chocolate. Can anything be better than that?



"And Charlie, don't forget about what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted. He lived happily ever after."

-Roald Dahl- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments: