I have to admit it. I'm a picky food person. When I get an oven roasted sandwich at Subway (the same sandwich everytime), I'm the obnoxious customer that orders my sandwich with "the works" and that includes all the peppers, even jalapenos. I don't eat fries without ketchup. I need at least two sauces to eat a turkey burger. And no hamburger. It has to be a turkey burger. There is just certain foods I need to have and can't live without. Here are some I keep on hand at all times:
1. Blue cheese- usually dressing is fine but I scored a big chunk of cheese on a recent shopping trip so now it goes on almost everything I can reasonably put it on. When I got sick of salads, I used to eat blue cheese dressing on bread. That is how bad I am with the stuff.
2. Ketchup- this is a normal one with most people. But I will put ketchup on eggs, sandwiches, must have on fries, and baked potatoes. And I put enough on where people say, why don't you have some fries with your ketchup?
3. Mustard- I mix this with the ketchup. Ketchup alone won't do it for me on turkey burgers. I also mix ketchup and mustard with my black eyed peas and eat it like that. I probably just grossed out half the Southerners out there. Sorry.
4. Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce- The sweetest sauce around. And just tangy enough to make it mix well with lots of foods. I will eat this like ketchup.
5. A-1 or HP steak sauce- I usually eat these with steak but since we don't eat steak that often, I'll put it on baked potatoes or dip bread into a bowl of the sauce. My husband recently bought me the HP sauce (A-1 sauce equivolent from Britian) and it's super good. New addiction! Yeh!
6. Relish and Sweet pickles- Adds a nice sweetness and gives a crunch I love. I can even drink the juice out the jar. I have a serious sugar problem, I know.
7. Chocolate- Come on, you didn't guess that?
8. Salad- I do have to balance all the other nutritionally deficient stuff I eat so I eat lots of salad. But even with this, I put lots of toppings. Tomatoes, dried cherries, blue cheese (of course), apples, and sometimes imitation crab or turkey. Usually looks like a mountain when I'm done. But it's good!!
9. Sweet tea- We drink lots of sweet tea. I make a batch everyday.
10. Orange juice- OJ is my subsitute whenever I don't get my fruit for the day. And it has lots of added vitamins these days so I feel a bit healthier drinking it with my lunch.
11. Bread- I don't care what Atkins or whoever said about bread being a no-no, I like it! I dip it in spaghetti sauce, A-1 or use it to finish off my dressing after eating a salad. I really love to pull off chunks and swipe it in a tub of butter, but then the kids get mad at me for doing that.
12. Dessert- I don't know about anyone else, but after I eat, I need something sweet to finish my meal. Usually it's a handful of dark chocolate chips, but sometimes I make a dessert. Once I did not have any chips in the house (yikes!) and I used unsweetened cocoa mixed with sugar and ate that. Really gross but I felt better!
13. Pizza- With lots of sauce and pineapple on top. I'm drooling on my computer right now.
What foods can't you live without?