Have you ever had one of those days where nothing is really wrong but you feel like the world is ending tomorrow? Nothing feels good and you wish you could climb into bed and pull the covers over to block it all out. That's me today. Sigh. So to make myself feel a bit better, here are thirteen reasons I should be smiling:
1) I'm alive and healthy. 'Nuf said.
2) The sun is out, and if you live in Pittsburgh, you know that is a rare thing indeed.
3) My kids are home for the summer. Though that usually has me quaking in my shoes, it's wonderful to spend time with them and not have to deal with all the teachers, homework and schedules.
4) I live in the U.S. I know I've said this before, but even though I've never been out of the country, knowing that people suffer all over the world just trying to survive everyday makes me so appreciative for all we have. We all could easily be there ourselves.
6) My garden. Tomatoes, peppers, buttercrunch lettuce, garlic, pumpkins and greens. Watching them grow and anticipating eating them is more fun than I thought it would be.
7) A good novel. Just can't beat it after a long day of work or even on a rainy day. It's a wonderful way to get lost without having to go anywhere!
8) A good movie. The more action the better.
9) A good show. We are currently addicted to NCIS. Man that is a fun show.
10) Friends. A good conversation with my friends always cheers me up.
11) Baking. I can feel just awful but when I get out that mixing bowl and start, I feel so much better.
12) Fall and football. Yeah, I know it's three months away but so is Christmas in September and that doesn't stop anyone from getting excited!
13) My kids. I've said it before but my kids or even anyone else's kids just bring a different perspective to life. They see life so differently than adults it's hard to take anything seriously when you spend time with them.