Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Paula Deen's Chewy Cake


Whenever I'm really stuck and don't know what to make, I turn to Paula Deen. Well, her cookbooks, anyway. She always has something I can make that will turn heads and get lots of compliments. This recipe did exactly that. It was all gone within two days. That is what I call a make again!

Paula Deen's Chewy Cake

1 pound package of brown sugar
2 cups of self rising flour
1 stick butter, softened
3 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup sweetened coconut
2 cups pecans or walnuts, chopped
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.

In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour and butter. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Fold in the coconut, nuts, and chips until well combined. Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve with whipped cream.

"Cooking has always brought me a happiness that I didn't think was available. I just fire up the stove, and things start to fade away."
-Paula Deen

No comments: