Country Dew (Blue Country Magic) had an interesting meme she posted earlier this week that I just had to steal. It really doesn't have a theme but instead touches on a little of everything. If anyone is interested, please feel free to copy and post!
1. What do you do before bedtime? After the kiddies are in bed, which takes most of the evening :), I usually talk with my husband about how our days went (this is harder on the nights he works late). Then we try to watch a movie or catch up on a favorite T.V. show. We usually get less than an hour before one of us is falling asleep! Once I'm in bed, that is my time to read in peace. I'm reading J.D. Robb's latest In Death book. What a great series!
2. What is your favorite sound? My kids laughing. Every once in a while, one of them will laugh at something and it's more than just a giggle; it's a pure pleasure, joyful kind of laugh. To me, it sounds like how an angel would laugh.
3. What were your childhood fears? I had lots of them, mostly centered around my parents who abused me. I was afraid of dying or being left alone to fend for myself. I was afraid of other adults, esp. mean ones. Separating the abuse and real fears all kids get is hard to do for me.
4. What place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back? I usually vacation in most of the places I love like the ocean, Williamsburg, West Virginia and Virginia. One of my favorite places to go is back to Danville, Va where I grew up. And I would love to visit Savannah, Ga someday. I heard it's beautiful.
5. What has made you unhappy these days? I worry about the economy, not so much about job loss as trying to keep within our budget and making the bills and food money stretch. Because my husband works in social services, he isn't usually targeted when job cuts become an issue, though it can happen. But we are always scraping by because the pay is so poor. I also worrying that we are growing out of our house. We have one small bathroom and 5 people. It's a little tight! But I'm grateful we have a home so I try not to dwell on it.
6. What websites do you visit daily? My own blog as well as my favorite blogs on my blog list. Most days I visit Ebay and City-Data forum. Sometimes Youtube and always Google.
7. What’s the last song that got stuck in your head? John Mayer's CD Heavier Things has two songs- Clarity and Bigger than my body. I was listening to the CD today while I cleaned the house and both songs got stuck in my head.
8. What’s your favorite item of clothing? I have a thin, dark gray jacket with a hood that goes great over a simple white t-shirt or turtleneck. I also like my Levi's 550 jeans.
9. What is your dream for the future? I really want my kids to grow up healthy and happy. Boring, I know but I can't help it! I hope I can be there when they have kids too. I also would love to move back home. My dream of raising my kids in the South is pretty much shot, but I would still love to have them experience it with me and also so they could be closer to their cousins and other family.