Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chocolate Mint Sauce

Last week, I noticed that my chocolate mint was growing like crazy. To use some of it, I wanted to make something good, more than just tea. I thought a chocolate mint sauce would go well with the mint chocolate chips in the fudge brownies my daughter was making. Yum! It turned out they complimented each other very well. And this sauce is very versatile. You can use it on the brownies, or on fruit, ice cream or even in coffee. If you don't have chocolate mint, plain mint leaves would work too.

Chocolate Mint Sauce

1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 water
3/4 cup sugar
25 to 30 chocolate mint leaves, cleaned and torn in half

In a small saucepan, combine the cocoa and water, whisking until smooth. Add the sugar and mint leaves, stirring until combined. Place saucepan on medium heat. Bring mixture to boil, stirring constantly to melt sugar. As soon as the mixture boils, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, or until mixture is thickened and glossy. Remove from heat and let cool. Store in refrigerator.



“Plant a little mint, Madame, then step out of the way so you don't get hurt!”

-British gardener

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

I didn't know there was such a thing as chocolate mint!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I couldn't believe it either when I first heard of it. But it's easy to grow and comes back every year. It tastes wonderful- just a hint of chocolate.