Monday, June 2, 2008

Finding A Job


Those of you who've read my blog for a while now have heard me drone on about my frequent homesickness. Growing up in Virginia has spoiled me but good! I dream of moving back home and raising my children there. My hubby and I have looked at many towns in the south to move to, but our thoughts keep going back to Roanoke.

We made a visit to Roanoke last spring and enjoyed it a lot. But finding a job has been very hard. My husband works now in Pittsburgh as a manager in the health services/aging field. He also teaches psychology part time at the local colleges. His third job is working for a national seminar company doing mental health seminars around the country. But besides finding a part time teaching job at a college in Roanoke, we haven't been able to find anything even remotely close to a full time job to apply for.

Does anyone have any idea how we could get in touch with someone who could assist us in finding full time employment? I figured blogging might be a good way to network so I'm hoping for a lead. Thanks ahead of time if you can help!

"In any moment of decision,
the best thing you can do is the right thing,
the next best thing is the wrong thing,
and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."
- Milton Berle

2 comments:

CountryDew said...

Try Connecting People: http://www.stuartmease.com/

There is also a link to this on my blog if that doesn't work. I guess you already know about the jobs on roanoke.com.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Thanks Dew! We have been have been on roanoke.com as well as trying to go on all of the companies websites and college sites. No luck. We figured maybe putting the word out was worth a try.

I appreciate your help!