Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Perfect Potato Salad


Since this heat wave started here in the Northeast, I've been looking for dinners that would keep us cool. Potato Salad is a definite classic. But since I don't like eggs in mine, I wanted a recipe that would taste great without them. I altered this one, and it was delicious!

Perfect Potato Salad

2 1/2 pounds red or Idaho potatoes
1/3 cup sweet pickle relish or chopped sweet pickles
2 large hard-cooked eggs, sliced (optional)
1/4 cup white onion, finely chopped or 2 green onions, chopped
1 1/4 cup Miracle Whip or regular mayo
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground dry mustard

Cook potatoes with skins on in boiling water for 25-30 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain potatoes and cool slightly. Peel and cube potatoes.

Combine all ingredients except potatoes. Mix well. Add potatoes and mix until potatoes are coated all over. Chill then serve.


“It is easy to halve the potato where there is love."
-Irish Sayings

2 comments:

queen of everything said...

love me some tater salad. unfortunately i don't get much of it now that i'm watching what i eat. looks tasty

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I used light Miracle Whip in mine so I could save some calories. I'd love to have it more often too.

The leftovers are calling me from the fridge....