Thursday, January 3, 2008

Buckeyes


Diet? What diet? Ugh, sorry to say that I really wish I could say that! I thought I did pretty well holding back this year with the cookies and all, but the tightness of my jeans tell me different. But that doesn't mean I can't talk about sweets or even blog about them. And I wanted to start off the new year with one of my favorite sweets- Buckeyes. Now if you've even seen a real buckeye, you can see the similarities. But I have also heard these called Easter Eggs too. They probably have a few more names, but whatever you call them, they are a dream to make and especially to eat. I can never stop at one...


Buckeyes

3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 pound butter, at room temp
1 3-ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
1/2 pound milk or semi sweet chocolate, melted with 1 Tablespoon shortening


Mix butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add powdered sugar until mixed. Add peanut butter. Mix well. Form into balls and dip into chocolate to coat halfway ( I use a toothpick to dip). Place tray in fridge until set. Store in refrigerator.


"When I buy cookies I eat just four and throw the rest away. But first I spray them with Raid so I won't dig them out of the garbage later. Be careful, though, because that Raid really doesn't taste that bad."
-Janette Barber


"I've been on a diet for two weeks and all I've lost is fourteen days."
-Totie Fields

No comments: