Monday, April 30, 2007

Favorite Sayings of an Overwhelmed Mom

Since I became a mom, my vocabulary and expressions have changed quite a bit. How else can you express yourself about the ups and downs of being a mom? Your former life is gone and the insanity is here to stay. No more "let's snuggle up and watch movies all afternoon" or "how about we try that new restaurant". It's now a whole different ballgame.....and here are a few samples:
1. I'm soooo tired!

2. How in the world did (fill in any bodily injury/accident here) happen?

3. What the heck?

4. Do Not Hit Your Brother/Sister!!! (repeat 9 times)

5. How many times have I told you...........?!

6. All right, that is IT!!

7. How long 'til you turn 18?

8. I will not serve pizza every night for dinner/breakfast/lunch!

9. Just give me a minute to think straight!!

10. Can we discuss this when I am not going to the bathroom?

11. Go ask your father.

12. Clean this room!

13. I love you....please stay my baby just a little longer.


"There are two lasting bequests we can give our children: One is roots, the other is wings"
-Hodding Carter

No comments: