Thursday, October 21, 2010

White Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies


How about that for a loaded cookie?! Last week, I could not decide what snack I wanted to make and these cookies seemed to have it all. They bake up high, so the cookie is almost rounded at the top. All those ingredients in one little cookie gives it great texture and flavors. Great for days when plain old chocolate chip won't do!

White Chocolate Chip Cherry Oatmeal Cookies

1 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I used instant)
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsps. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups white chocolate, coursely chopped or white chocolate chips
3/4 cup dried cherries

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Combine the dry ingredients together starting with flour and ending with salt. Set aside.

Using a mixer, beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and mix until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture in three steps. Stir in the white chocolate and dried cherries.

Scoop out walnut sized mounds of cookie dough and place on cookie sheet, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are a light golden brown. Place on cooling racks and store in airtight containers.


From: Chocolate Lover's Cookbook for Dummies


"C is for cookie. That's good enough for me."
-Cookie Monster, Sesame Street

6 comments:

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I'm going to get fat if you keep posting these delicious sounding recipes. White chocolate, cherries, and oatmeal - sounds like a good combination.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

It's why I've been carrying the "last 10" pounds for years! :)

CountryDew said...

I ... want ... cookies!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my! This is something my grandson will love. He is a cookie monster just like his dad before him. I will have to make these for both of them.

Beth said...

What a wonderfully rich cookie, Mary Ann---it looks absolutely delicious. I always love oatmeal in a cookie recipe because it gives such a nice texture and, of course, makes it healthier so I can rationlize eating more. :-)

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Me too Beth. It's healthy if it has oatmeal in it!