Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday Thirteen- Things On My Mind

You know how each week you get things in your head you either need to do, or need to think out? I thought I might make a list of 13 things in my head I'm working on, thinking through, or that is just stuck there:

1. The Potential Break up song- I took my kids to a new store last week and this song was playing very loudly over the speakers. The kids and I downloaded it and now it's been stuck in my head all week! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03oe7hpGbMM

2. How to find a house for my business- we decided HUD, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac are probably the best options. Now it's just learning how to buy one through those programs.

3. Angel Food cake- I bought egg whites in a carton and I want to try making an angel food cake out of them. I hope it works. My middle daughter really wants a cake and keeps begging me to make one.

4. Bananas- the bananas are getting very ripe and I need to make something with them.

5. My husband's flight- he has to go to Iowa today to do a seminar and though I'm very used to him being gone, I get nervous when he flies.

6. My oldest daughter- she was diagnosed with enlarged adenoids last week and we also discovered that she has a hard time seeing at a distance. She was on steroids for the adenoids and it seemed to work (thank God. The next option was surgery- ugh!) but now she has bad allergies. The eye doc appt. is next week. I hope it goes well.

7. The adoption- waiting is tough.

8. My mother- she is losing her memory and is having trouble walking. My brother was supposed to be home but his Navy stint got extended, otherwise he would be getting a house with her. Now it's how do we take care of her till he gets home next year. I'm hoping she can hang in there.

9. My brother- he does have to stay in the Navy after we thought he'd be home this year. That means he had to get new orders. He gets to leave Cuba but now he is assigned to a huge ship and he has to go back to the war- his third time. Sailors are safer than ground troops, but I still worry.

10. Our house- it's a nice house but it's too small. I worry that my daughter is sleeping in the basement and that we have no space for anything. I do feel blessed to even have a house, though, so I try not to complain too much.

11. My diet- I try to be good, but it is difficult! I'm at the age where I need to worry about getting enough calcium and iron too. Then there is all that chocolate calling my name.....

12. Health- All of us are healthy, I just worry that someone will get something more than a cold. My husband tells me I worry too much, but I can't help it. It's always in the back of my mind.

13. Money- this past year was hard, on everyone. People lost jobs, and even though my husband worked his usual three jobs, the money wasn't there. We made less last year, for some reason. I also hope things inprove in our economy. I worry about all the spending that is going on. Scary stuff.

What is on your mind today?

3 comments:

Beth said...

God bless you...you have a lot going on in your head right now, don't you? Hope you are able to do something fun this weekend to get your mind off your worries!

For #4: Banana bread would be good!

And I hope all goes well with your daughter's appointment. This is a bad time of year for allergies. Hope those soon improve.

CountryDew said...

That is a lot of stuff to have on your mind. I hope you can find some "sweetflutterbys" time to empty out that brain for a while!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Beth and Dew, you both are right, I sound like a worry wart, don't I?! I plan on some downtime this weekend (plan being the key word! ;) so I can be happy girl again!

Beth, banana bread does sound good. I may make that and have some butter on my piece. Yum!