Monday, December 8, 2008

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies


After baking all weekend, one of the better cookies I made was these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (say that five times fast!). I'm always a little unnerved trying new recipes, especially ones found on the Internet. But these cookies were easy and tasted great. The cool, soft taste of powdered sugar on the outside with the fudgy inside was a delicious combination. There was a surprising depth to the chocolate too. I was a bit impatient with the refrigeration time, so my cookies are wider than they should be. Whoops!

Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

1/2 cup melted butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, melted
3 tsps. vanilla
2 cups granulated sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsps. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup confectioners' sugar

In a large mixing bowl, combine melted butter, melted chocolate, vanilla and granulated sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together. Add flour mixture to the chocolate mixture one spoonful at a time, incorporating after each addition. Chill dough overnight.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll teaspoons full of dough into small balls then drop into the confectioners' sugar to coat. Place coated chocolate balls onto a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes, being careful to not over bake. Allow to rest for 2 minutes then remove to wire rack to cool. Makes approx. 60 cookies.


"Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree. In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall."
-Larry Wilde, The Merry Book of Christmas

2 comments:

Kateryna said...

mmm I've copied this one to my desktop. I think I have had these before and the recipie seems uncomplicated enough for me to try.

Thanks sweet!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

You're welcome! Let me know how they turn out for you!