Sunday, August 26, 2007

Andes Candies Cookies

Do you ever get tired of the same old chocolate chip cookies? I don't (hehe!) All joking aside, I decided to try something a little different this time- Andes Candies chopped up into cookie making size chunks. I had to try it just to see how it would taste. I decided to use it with my usual chocolate chip cookie recipe and subsitute the Andes Candies for the regular semi sweet chips. It was really good! The coolness of the creme de menthe made a lot of difference. It gave a chocolate kick but with a minty zing. The only problem was the cookies came out much flatter than they do when I used regular chips. I'm not sure why. But they were still worth eating every bite!
Andes Candies Cookies

1 cup softened butter
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs, room temp.
2 1/2 tsps. vanilla
1 bag Andes Creme de Menthe
Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl cream butter, both sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Do not over beat.
Sift dry ingredients together. Combine with creamed mixture.
Stir in Andes pieces.
Place golf ball size portions 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake for 9 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Do not overbake. Edges should be crunchy and the middles soft.


The end result. Yummm!

My kids approve!


"Broken cookies don't have calories."
-unknown

"I am still convinced that a good, simple, homemade cookie is preferable to all the store-bought cookies one can find."

-James Beard

No comments: