These pictures are too blurry to really see the detail of the Avalanche Bark. I seriously need a new camera :)
Anyway, here is a recipe I found for the bark after coming home from Williamsburg in a panic cause I couldn't get more Avalanche Bark easily. Thank goodness for the internet!
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 3/4 cups white chocolate chips
1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup slightly packed mini marshmallows
1/4 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips (frozen)
- Melt peanut butter and white chips together, stirring constantly. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl. Fold in Rice Krispies. Let cool until mixture feels barely warm (you don't want to melt the marshmallows and mini chips when you add them). Do not cool in the refrigerator.
- Line a 4 inch x 8.5 inch loaf pan with plastic wrap. Spray the pan with cooking spray for easier removal.
- When mixture is cool, fold in marshmallows first then mini chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into the prepared pan, fold the excess plastic wrap over the mixture and gently press so it's even in the pan. If you want denser bark, press harder.
- Place pan in the refrigerator for about 20 to 30 minutes to set mixture. When set, remove pan and cut into desired pieces.
"If the only way we judged hunger was how full the stomach is, no one would ever have dessert"
"You know an odd feeling? Sitting on the toilet eating a chocolate candy bar"-George Carlin