Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Mini Nutella Bites


Here in Pittsburgh we have a part of town that is called "The Strip". Now, I know what you are thinking, but it's not really like that. It's a strip of road that runs from downtown to one of the local communities. It has wholesale produce vendors, Italian goods, a seafood market, a Chinese grocery store and many other fascinating places. One of my favorite is Mon Ami, which is a chocolate/candy store with exotic chocolates from around the world. When my brother was home in June, we took him there. As the kids were ordering gelato, I started a conversation with the owner. She mentioned a recent trip to Florida and a lovely dessert she had called Nutella bites. Well, you know me and chocolate, I had to ask for the recipe! Wouldn't you know that nice lady emailed me the recipe right the next day? She kept telling me how good they are. And she could not be more right. I made a double batch and they were literally gone within 30 minutes. These are super easy. Just be sure you make enough!

Mini Nutella Bites

Ingredients
1/2 cup Nutella spread
1 large egg
5 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 ounce chopped chocolate or chopped nuts to put on top before baking

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease mini cupcake/muffin pan
(12). Put the nutella and egg in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth and well blended. Add the flour and whisk until blended.

Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins (about 3/4 full ) and sprinkle with the chocolate or nuts. Bake for about 10 minutes.

You can also serve with some fruit and whipped topping for company
dessert.

"You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."


-John Wooden

9 comments:

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I'm definitely going to make these. They look delicious and are so easy to make.

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Now you're talking. I LOVE Nutella!

Well, sad to report my lemon pie didn't come out so well. What happened was I got the wrong size Cool Whip. Got 8 oz. Figured it wouldn't make a difference. Ha! It was a bit too lemony tart!

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy reading your quotes on here. That looks wonderful. I am going to print it off and make it. Hope you are having a good week and enjoyed the 4th.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Sweet- they are really easy. I think you'll love them.

Debi- sorry about the pie. I hate when recipes don't work for me. I get all discouraged and don't want to try again.

Judy- I hope you enjoy making these. I forgot my Nutella at the store today so I have to wait to make another batch :(

Greener Pastures--A City Girl Goes Country said...

Oh, I'll try again!

CountryDew said...

They sound good. I wish I wasn't on a diet!

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Anita, ugh, no diets :) LOL! I am trying to watch it myself so I only ate a few of these (read: 5) so if you make them, feed them to others after you have a few ;)

Beth said...

I'll be buying Nutella on my next grocery run, Mary Ann, just so I can make these. They sound so good. And so easy to make! Very nice of the lady to send you the recipe.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Beth, I can't wait to hear if you like them.