Monday, May 24, 2010

Orange Julius


Since my daughter got home from her surgery last week, she has struggled with a bad stomach ache and a sore throat. It's hard to see her refuse food. Before her surgery, her nickname was "The Hoover" and she found it funny to eat me out of house and home on a daily basis. I swear I have no idea where she puts all that food either. But now that she is having trouble eating, I thought she might want to try something that is both cool and offers some nutrition. Plus it's easy for her to sip since solid food hurts her throat. She liked the idea of an Orange Julius. It was easy to make and delicious! This would be a perfect drink to dress up or just enjoy on a hot summer day.

Orange Julius

1 cup orange juice
1 cup water
1/4 cup egg substitute
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
1 heaping cup ice

Combine all of the ingredients in a blender set on high speed for 15 to 30 seconds.
Makes two drinks.

From Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur


"If life gives you lemons, make some sort of fruity juice."
-Conan O'Brian

7 comments:

CountryDew said...

Yummy! I haven't had one of those in years. Hope the daughter gets to feeling better.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

I love them too but I never get around to buying one at the mall. Now I can make my own!

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I have never tried an Orange Julius. It does sound very refreshing. Hope your daughter has a quick recovery.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Thanks Sweet! Orange Julius has a very different kind of taste- a good kind of different. I hope you get a chance to try one soon.

Beth said...

Hi, Mary Ann! Just catching up after being mostly offline (because of houseguests). This looks so tasty---and especially appealing with the warmer weather we've been having. I know it must have tasted heavenly to your daughter. I do hope she has now fully recovered and can eat normally again.

Sweetflutterbys3 said...

Hi Beth! It's good to talk to you again!

My daughter is still feeling sick, mostly her stomach. We are giving it until Monday then back to the doc's to see what is going on. But she is breathing better, which makes us all happy!

Take care!

Anonymous said...

I love these things. Hope your daughter feels better soon. My two year old grandson had his adenoids out about 3 months ago and we can see such a difference in him it is amazing. Not nearly as many sinus infections, colds, etc.