Monday, April 28, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

I just noticed that I seem to be on a chocolate chip kick the past few posts. No reason for it, that I'm aware of consciously anyway! My daughter is celebrating her summer birthday at school today so she asked if I could make her favorite treat, a cookie cake. I'm not sure if that is what it's officially called, but that is what my daughter and her friends call it. It's basically a very large chocolate chip cookie. The recipe is very simple, and in the dozen or so times I've made it, it's never turned out badly. When it was done, I let my daughter decorate. She had a blast, as you can see :)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake

1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
3/4 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray round cookie pan* with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, cream butter with both sugars. Add the egg and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Add chocolate chips and mix well. Spread into cookie pan using wet spatula or hands rinsed with water to press cookie dough into pan. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until light golden brown on top. Cool for 5 minutes. Carefully remove cookie from pan and cool completely before serving. Decorate as desired.

*Round cookie pans can be purchased from Wiltons. I bought mine from Joann's Fabric shop in the baking section.


"Everything I eat should contain either garlic or chocolate, but rarely both."
-unknown

No comments: