Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Spring was here...

It lasted about a day or two, but it's gone already. Just enough to let all the flowers start blooming. Not that I am all that upset; spring and summer are not my favorite times of the year. Actually, I love fall and winter. Snuggling up next to a fire with a good book and a cup of tea is one of my favorite things! But it is nice to see things grow, and since I love to grow a garden every year, sun and heat are a necessity :) This blast of cold that came through today won't last long, so I am staying in the gardening frame of mind.

I'm a bit more brain dead than usual today. My youngest was up last night with croup. Anyone who has done that route knows how much fun you can have with a kid that sounds like a barking dog all night. Not that I am taking this lightly, since I did have my son at the doctor's first thing this morning, just to be sure all was ok. But if you can't have humor about being sleep deprived, what can ya do? If you don't laugh, you'll collapse and start begging anyone within earshot to take your kid so you can shut your eyes "just for a minute". Ahhh, sleep.....

"Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night”

-Dave Barry

No comments: